This is all in the name of helping others find the right shade of lipstick, that lipstick that might just brighten up your day and inspire you to pop a bit of colour or nude in your life, and also selfishly, a reminder to myself of what I have in my stash.
No "season appropriate" colour discriminating here, anything goes. If you would like me to swatch a lippie, please let me know in the comments below.
Here are my quick fire thoughts as well if you like:
- A pigmented lipstick at great bang for 9 Australian bucks (I'm sure it's a hella cheaper in the US), I'm on the road to collecting all shades!
- A creamy formula that is also semi-matte. If you're used to the NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencils this is a good affordable dupe but it's not quite as matte. The creaminess is nice and not drying, but I wouldn't say it's moisturising, as you can see, the texture of my un-exfoliated lips kinda still shone through. It's a slight dupe for NARS Red square but less matte and more creamy
- I found the pencil helped me outline and define my lips quite well. The only gripe with this is you have to keep it sharpened, but that’s no deterrent (unless you’re on holidays, just pack your sharpener!).
- If you like the over lining thing, this is one for you. You can tell I sort of over lined my top lip given it is thinner than the bottom.
- Need extra accessories? yes… a brush for more precision or wipe with a pointed q tip. Also a sharpener
- I won’t comment on longevity because that is up to what activities you get up to. For reference though, the colour is easily removable with a tissue but will leave a slight stain on your lips.