Happy New Year everyone! Trust you all had a great holiday!?
We still have a couple of hot summer months to look forward to and, for those hot sweltering days where a cold drink does not suffice, this all natural, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, lactose-free, icy treat is the best way to go!
FRESH MANGO POPS RECIPE
Equipment required: Stick blender/ Food Processor and plastic Popsicle molds or ice tray
- One large ripe R2E2 Mango
- Half a Lime's squeezed juice
- 1 TBSP Organic New Zealand Apple Syrup (or a natural non-cane sugar sweetener of your choice or omit altogether depending on your taste buds and how sweet your mango is!)
- Freeze-dried fruit powder, I used raspberry and passionfruit
1. Chop up your Mango into medium chunks and discard the seed.
2. Using a stick blender or food processor and puree the chopped mango
3. Stir in the lime juice and sweetener, sprinkle freeze-dried fruit powder into your Popsicle molds the pour in the mango puree, leaving about half an inch to give room for the mixture to expand when it freezes.
4. Place in freezer for 4 hours. Run your chosen Popsicle mold under water to help loosen up the ice-block before pulling the Popsicle out of its mold.
5. Or alternatively place your puree mixture in an ice tray, after an hour, place a Popsicle stick through the middle of each ice block and place back in the freezer for another hour until it is hard!
Then pop the popsicles out like you would normally do when retrieving ice cubes, whenever you are ready for a treat!
This is perfect for everyone to enjoy as a healthy treat this hot summer, including pups :)
Bailey Buster Lee even enjoys licking these popsicles whilst laying upside down, but I wasn't able to capture that on camera!
You may have noticed that the blog has had a little face-lift, something that I've been meaning to do for awhile as the blog was starting to get a little messy. I'm still tidying up some stuff in the background so bear with me here! It's all in the name of this being a new year, hence a new look, and a fresh start :)