This recipe is a great one to whip up quickly, especially if you're dealing with a large host of guests for parties this holiday season. It still captures the essence of a cool kiwi summer dessert with the addition of meringue and tangy summer fruit, and also a bit of Christmas spirit with the ginger crumble. And anyways, sometimes the best desserts are simple and served in a cup.
Cheesecake mousse RecipeAdapted from Everyday Gourmet
Prep time: 30 mins
Cooking time: 12-15mins
Serves 4, halve the recipe to serve 2
- 150g cold butter, roughly chopped
- 100g flour
- 130g soft brown sugar
- 100g oats
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp powdered ginger
- 200gm Marscapone cheese
- 75ml condensed milk
- 35ml lemon juice
Passionfruit pulp or any other chopped Summery fruit to garnish
4x Champagne Coupe glasses (or any other cocktail glass) for serving
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Rub butter and flour together with your fingers. .Alternatively, place the butter and flour in a food processor, and blend until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix all other ingredients with the butter and flour.
- Spread mixture onto a baking tray and bake for 10 minutes or until golden.
- Break up with tongs and return to the oven for another 2-5 minutes or until evenly golden.
- Allow to cool.
- Beat the marscapone cheese, condensed milk, and lemon juice with an electric stand mixer or electric beaters until combined. Place in fridge to chill for 5-10 mins.
To plate up
- Place a 3 or 4 tablespoons of the ginger crumble on the bottom of your glass, top with a quarter of your cheesecake mousse mixture (piped or just drop in with a tablespoon).
- Sprinkle over some more ginger crumble and also some crushed meringue nest.
- Place your chopped summer fruit to garnish on each glass and serve. I used mango and passionfruit on one and also cherries on the other
p.s. another dessert served in a cup