So within a jiffy, I tripled her recipe, waited for the honey comb to cool and drizzled over some dark 70% Lindt Chocolate. Within about half hr, I had a present made and ready on the day I wanted to gift it.
Hokey Pokey recipeTripled recipe from Made From Scratch
Prep time: 1 minute
Cooking time: 2.5 minutes
Cooling time: 1 hr / 25-30 minutes in the fridge
- 15 TBSP White Caster (Superfine) sugar
- 6 TBSP Golden Syrup
- 3 tsp Baking Soda
- 100gm block 70% Lindt Dark Chocolate, melted
- Small Whisk
- Lined baking tray
- Measure out all your ingredients, and ensure your baking soda is on standby
- Combine the Sugar and Golden Syrup in a medium saucepan on low heat, then turn up the temperature until the mixture is bubbling away for 2 minutes. Whisk the mixture to ensure the mixture doesn't burn
- Once 2 minutes is up, turn off the heat, pour in the baking soda and whisk away really quick to combine thoroughly.
- Pour out the mixture over your lined baking tray. I liked having the mixture in globs on the tray so that there was a good height to the honeycomb, however you can spread out the mixture evenly with a spatula
- Wait till the hokey pokey is fully cooled, drizzle over the melted dark chocolate and place in the fridge to cool until hardened.
- Break up the pieces and serve in anyway you like, or bottle up the shards of hokey pokey in an airtight jar. Don't wait too long to devour the whole lot :) And also don't store in a humid place!