White Zucchini Cake Slice Recipe
- 2.5 cups of plain flour
- 1.5 tsp baking soda
- 1.5 cup white caster sugar
- 0.5 cup rice bran oil or vegetable oil
- Big tsp of good vanilla extract
- 80gm melted white chocolate
- 2 cup shaved lebanese zucchini (normal zucchini will also do but lebanese variety is sweeter)
- Preheat oven to 180degrees celcius
- Place the sugar, oil and vanilla and mix until well combined (use a standing mixer or by hand with a wooden spoon)
- Sift the dry ingredients, flour, baking soda and salt and slowly add to the liquid sugar oil mixture (it will get clumpy and biscuit crumb like texture)
- Pour in your melted white chocolate and combine.
- Fold in your shaved zucchini and you will start to see the batter become more moist but still a thick mixture.
- Place and spread out the mixture in your prepared baking tin and place in the oven for 25 minutes (it should be just cooked...try not to overlook this, you still want it more on the slight undercooked side if you are unsure!). Leave in tin but place on wire rack to cool
Milk Chocolate & White Chocolate Icing recipe
- 2 cups icing sugar (soft mixture)
- 3 TBSP good cocoa powder (I used Valrhona)
- 3-4TBSP boiled water
- Good dollop of vanilla extract
- 100gm melted white chocolate
1. Sift icing sugar and cocoa together into a large bowl, then whisk in the boiled water until you get a glossy silky texture (if its too thick, slowly add small drops of more boiled water, if too thin, add more sifted icing sugar, a little at a time,you just want a really spreadable glossy liquid that will later set).
2. Stir in the vanilla then, working quickly, spread the icing onto your cooked and cooled cake slice (whilst its still in the tin)
3. Using a tablespoon, pick up some melted white chocolate and drop horizontal lines across the width of the cake slice. In a zig zag motion down the length of the cake is fine too!
4. Using a skewer, draw and drag your skewer, skimming the white and dark mixture in vertical strokes, creating a marble effect!
5. Leave to set in the fridge until ready to slice and eat!
Keep this slice in the fridge, and when you want to eat a slice, take it out of the fridge and let it come to room temperature so the icing is goopy and the sponge eases up.