Giant Oatmeal, Raisin & Chocolate Chip cookie sandwich filled with Salted Caramel Cream cheese frosting
I guess this cookie sandwich turned out to look more like a cake. I thought about doing just a plain chocolate chip...but wanted a cookie that had more wholesome oomph! For the cookie recipe itself, I followed this recipe using two 8" round cake pans, but used half cup of dark chocolate chips and half cup of milk chocolate chips instead of the 1 cup of walnuts.
Salted Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting Recipe
Salted Caramel Sauce
- 75gm Unsalted butter
- 50gm Light brown sugar
- 50gm Caster sugar
- 50gm Golden syrup
- 125ml Thickened Cream / Double cream
- 1/2 - 1 tsp Fleur de Sel (depending on your taste)
- 170gm Unsalted butter (Softened / Room Temp)
- 230gm Philadelphia Cream cheese (Room temp)
- 1 tsp of Good Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups of Icing sugar - Sifted
1. Prepare the Salted Caramel Sauce first. Place the butter, light brown sugar, caster sugar & golden syrup in a small saucepan and melt together over a low heat for 3 mins (swirling the mixture in the saucepan)
2. Once 3 mins is up, pour in the cream and Fleur de Sel and let this bubble away for a minute or 2 (mix the liquids together with a wooden spoon if the mixture is not combining)
3. Set aside to cool. This sauce will thicken up more while cooling.
4. For the Cream Cheese Frosting. Beat the Unsalted Butter and Cream cheese together
5. Whip in the Vanilla extract
6. Slowly add in the sifted icing sugar while you keep whipping the cream cheese mixture
7. Now slowly add in your cooled Salted Caramel Sauce.
8. Refrigerate the Salted Caramel Cream Cheese frosting for an hr or so before use.
Or maybe it was more of demolishing :)