- Egg whites
- Caster Sugar
- Preheat your oven to 150degrees Celsius
- Spoon small spoonfuls to make little mounds on a baking sheet (or just simply pipe out your mixture)
- Stick them in the oven and quickly turn the oven temp down to 100degrees.
- Leave the meringue in there to bake for 1.5 hours or until the meringues are crisp and sound hollow when you pick them up.
- Turn the oven off and let the meringue babies cool in there while you entertain your guests!
*Tips for a good meringue:
- Make sure you're not doing this on a super humid day,otherwise your meringue will "weep"
- Ensure your whisk and bowl is free of grease and water before whipping up your egg whites. If you're not sure whether this is the case, then wipe your equipment with a bit of lemon juice and a paper towel
- Be patient with spooning the sugar into the whisked egg white! Do it tablespoon by tablespoon after each one has dissolved into the stiff eggwhite!
- If you like your final meringue a bit stiffer, add a small pinch of salt or cream of tartar whilst whipping :)
Follow my blog with Bloglovin